Date: 9 October
Venue: 221 Main Street, San Francisco, in the heart of SoMa
40% of all Americans between 18 and 36 prefer an urban setting; how will this impact the Future of Work? Find out at WORKTECH14 West Coast.
WORKTECH will be heading to San Francisco once again, with another insightful Future of Work conference. On 9th October 2014, we will gather at SOMA, 221 Main Street to focus on the alignment of business strategy and the workplace, and hear from renowned international and local thought leaders.
Jacob Morgan will be joining the line-up of leading international thought leaders at WORKTECH14 West Coast, 9th Oct 2014, San Francisco.
Jacob Morgan is the author of the newly released, The Future of Work: Attract New Talent, Build Better Leaders, and Create a Competitive Organization. He is also the principal and cofounder of the future of work consulting firm Chess Media Group and the FOW Community, a membership community dedicated to the future of work and collaboration. His previous book, The Collaborative Organization, became an Amazon best-seller and is a comprehensive strategy guide on how organizations can successfully deploy collaboration technologies to solve internal business problems. Jacob’s books have been endorsed by global leaders such as the chief information officer of the United States of America, CEO and founder of Craigslist, CEO of SAP, and Daniel Pink. Jacob Morgan’s participation is kindly supported by Johnson Controls.
Other programme highlights include:
- Steve Monaco, Head of Global Real Estate & Workplace Services, Motorola Mobility will present an inspiring case study focused on a highly branded approach to “end-user experience” for 2,300 employees at their new engineering flagship in Chicago’s Merchandise Mart
- Prathana Johnson, Senior Design Manager, Microsoft will explore the holistic approaches Skype is using to support the natural use of digital technology to maintain a workplace essential for building relationships, culture and community
- Ford Fish, SVP Real Estate, Salesforce.com and Gervais Tompkin, Principle, Gensler will talk about Salesforce’s new global headquarters, located in SOMA, the buildings will be a new model for “city as amenity”
- Michael Joroff, Senior Lecturer, MIT Dept. of Urban Studies and Planning, will present fresh thinking on the city as a platform for innovation. As public and private alliances in cities around the world create platforms of digitally augmented places and business support systems that take the form of “innovation” or “creative” districts.
- Christopher Henderson, Senior Director, Workplace Resource, Cisco, Philip Ross, CEO, UNGROUP and Primo Orpilla, Principle + Cofounder, Studio O+A will discuss What’s Next in Workplace Strategy?
The quality of the speaker line-up is creating quite a buzz. “We’re thrilled at the amount of positive feedback we’ve been getting for WORKTECH West Coast,” says Isabel Dewhurst-Marks, Conference Director.
WORKTECH, which was sold-out last year in Melbourne, New York, London, and Sao Paulo, focuses on technology, innovation, and new ways of working and will bring global best-practice, thought-leadership and case-studies, and will share ideas that are shaping the new world of work.
To register for this event, and to receive a special $150 discount as a friend of The Future of Work…unlimited, please click on this link.
WORKTECH14 West Coast is kindly supported by Herman Miller, Johnson Controls, Orangebox, Condeco, Serraview, Kimball, ASID, IFMA-SV, Future of Work…unlimited, The Registry, Work Design Magazine, and the Workplace Evolutionaries community.