There are two things we know for sure about the future of work:
- It will be more distributed and mobile; and
- It will be more collaborative
Those two trends create some interesting and important tensions; they are not incompatible, but they do point in different directions.
I’m gathering examples of innovative workplaces and work programs for a talk I’ll be delivering in March to a group of senior workplace executives. What organizations do you know of, or are you part of, that have developed interesting and effective new ways of working?
I’m interested in any or all of the following:
- creative and exciting design (physical, social, technical)
- flexible work programs (e.g., work from home, telecommuting, remote teams, etc.)
- supporting distributed teams
- managing the mobile workforce
I know that covers a very wide range of workplaces and work programs, but I’d love to hear from you about which organizations are out in front of the pack.
What have they done? Why? What impact has the innovation had on costs, talent attraction and retention, and on workforce productivity? What stumbling blocks got in the way? What challenges did they overcome?
I will be more than happy to give you credit in the presentation, as I always do. Thank you in advance for your advice.