We are pleased to announce that the Executive Summary of our 2012 Mobile Workforce Survey is now available for free at this link:
The survey was conducted over the last several months; it reflects the work patterns and preferences of over 200 mobile professionals and managers.
Here are the basic headlines:
- Mobile work is the new normal.
- Work is collaborative.
- Email is the most commonly used communication method, followed by smart phone.
- Social networking tools and online collaboration applications are seldom used.
- Fax, large-scale video conferencing, and overnight delivery services are rarely used.
- Commonly used communication methods differ by company size.
Those might not sound like “radical” or even surprising findings, but there are some very interesting and important details behind these one-liners.
More importantly, we also found that mobile employees remain as engaged with their work and their companies as office-bound workers, and that they are significantly more productive. Finally, a majority of respondents reported that their job satisfaction would improve significantly if they had could create and manage their own work schedules.
The full report will be available for purchase later this year, but as noted above this Executive Summary is downloadable right now at no cost:
The report was produced jointly by The Future of Work…unlimited and Novacrea Research.